We are a strategic partner of ACEVO (the Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations) and we are exclusively recommended to their members for help with Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety.
There are many special aspects to the way we work with not-for-profit organisations which is why we’re seen as the undisputed leader.
In need of expert advice? Speak to a member of our team on 0845 226 8393 today, or get in touch via our website to book a free consultation to discuss all of your Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety needs. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.Get in touch
Employment Law & HR for Charities
Key features of the service include:
- Unlimited 24/7 support for a fixed fee so you can budget years in advance.
- A nominated, legally qualified Employment Law Adviser from our Charities Team as your dedicated contact.
- We review and update your Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbook with a specific focus on the special requirements of charities.
- We handle every Employment Law challenge you face including disciplinaries, grievances, sickness, dismissals, performance, maternity, TUPE, and agency workers.
- We draft bespoke letters and documents on your behalf. We don’t just advise – we do it for you.
- Secure online access to your documentation and correspondence with Ellis Whittam.
- Legal Expenses Insurance protects you in the event of Employment Tribunals. We cover all your defence costs and any settlement costs or compensation awards.
Health & Safety for Charities
Key features of the service include:
- Ellis Whittam will act as your legally required Competent Person for Health & Safety. Very few providers have such confidence in their service to do this.
- We conduct your General Risk Assessment on-site at your premises.
- We develop and help implement your Prioritised Safety Action Plan, Health & Safety Policy and Employee Health & Safety Handbook, tailored to your precise needs.
- Online access to all your documents and a library of practical guides.
- Regular return visits to your premises, not merely to inspect but to help you implement change.
- Emergency assistance in the case of serious accidents.
- We defend you against prosecutions.
- Legal Expenses Insurance covers your legal costs in case of prosecution and also pays your Fee For Intervention (FFI) charges from the HSE.
Watch Our Webcast
(Our webcasts are hosted by Vimeo. If you cannot see the video below, please ask your IT support to grant you access.)
What Our Charity Clients Say About Us
“It is important for us at ACEVO to make sure we are not only doing the best for our staff, but also the organisation and its core values. Every single one of our team of Directors has commented on how fantastic the support from Ellis Whittam has been. The advice is spot on for our organisation and that is why we recommend it to our members.” Read more.
Jennifer Finn, ACEVO
“Our dedicated adviser has made a substantial contribution and offers excellent and timely advice that is tailored to meet our expectation at all times, covering every detail.” Read more.
Chrissie Barker, Barnwood Trust
“ACOSVO are delighted to be working with Ellis Whittam who are known for their expertise in the third sector, their quality of service and value for money. They have a very positive long-standing relationship with our colleagues at ACEVO and a track record of helping and advising members with a wide range of issues.”
Pat Armstrong, ACOSVO
“The relationship that has developed with our personal Adviser has proved to be invaluable. He has made it his business to really get to know our organisation and how we like to operate.” Read more.
Kirstin McCallum, Deafness Support Network
“Our previous support service provided impersonal and unspecific advice. We wanted better quality and more comprehensive support tailored to our exact needs. HR and Employment Law is a complex and fast-moving area and we wanted to be confident that we were getting it right.” Read more.
Age UK Norfolk