Ellis Whittam is the British Independent Retailers Association’s strategic partner and exclusive provider of Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety support to bira members.
Our experience of working with bira means we understand the challenges you face in ensuring legal compliance and managing risk for your retail business.
Our focus is on adding value to your business. Our services complement other bira membership services by providing you with complete security in the knowledge you are legally compliant and protected in all aspects of your business.
If you are a bira member, you can upgrade to our one2one service and benefit from more bespoke, extensive, hands-on support.
In need of expert advice? Speak to a member of our team on 0845 226 8393 today, or get in touch via our website to book a free consultation to discuss all of your Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety needs. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.Get in touch
Key Service Features and Benefits for bira Members
- Unlimited support for a fixed fee giving peace of mind with budgeting.
- Nominated, qualified Health & Safety Consultant and Employment Law Adviser.
- Unlimited e-mail and 24/7 telephone support with no hidden charges.
- Risk assessments designed specifically for retailers.
- Drafting of all Employment Law and Health & Safety documentation including bespoke, retail-specific handbooks, contracts, policies and correspondence.
- Acting as your legally required Competent Person for Health & Safety.
- Investigation of serious accidents, dealing with authorities and defending you against prosecutions.
- Hands-on approach to Health & Safety with regular visits to your premises helping you to complete your required actions.
- Legal Expenses Insurance to protect you from the risks of Employment Tribunal costs and awards and the costs of defending Health & Safety prosecutions.
Download the bira legal leaflet here.
What Our Retail Clients Say About Us
“Ellis Whittam continue to impress. I regularly receive feedback from members who are delighted with the service. We use their one2one service ourselves and they’ve helped us through some big and challenging changes with incredible efficiency.” Read more.
Robert Jarrett, Professional Services and Special Projects Director, bira
“Using Ellis Whittam takes a great weight off the mind.” Read more.
Jackie Doherty, TONI&GUY
“They have added value to our business and supported us through various issues…I would recommend the service to any company looking for this kind of support.”
Andrea Johnston, Glasswells, Suffolk
“The Ellis Whittam helpline service, where you can speak to someone directly, is worth every penny of our BIRA membership.”
Ian S. Sowerbutts, H M Sowerbutts & Co Ltd, Clitheroe
“A service that could not have been improved upon – everyone involved from Ellis Whittam was polite, sympathetic and helpful. I would recommend them without hesitation to anyone who needs legal advice or assistance.”
Stephen Jones, The Carpet Shop, Doncaster