Ellis Whittam provides exceptional quality Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety services to more than 300 care providers.
In such a highly regulated sector, we know how important it is for you to ensure that you remain compliant. We help you comply with the law and reduce risk to your business and the vulnerable people you work with.
The CQC repeatedly identifies safety as their single biggest concern, citing a lack of safety processes and a culture that prevents learning from mistakes and near misses.
Our services bring safety and security to your business and the people you care for.
In need of expert advice? Speak to a member of our team on 0845 226 8393 today, or get in touch via our website to book a free consultation to discuss all of your Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety needs. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.Get in touch
Employment Law & HR Service Key Features
- Unlimited 24/7 support for a fixed fee so you can budget years in advance.
- A named, legally qualified Employment Law Adviser from our Care Team will support you with every challenge such as disciplinaries, grievances and performance. Your Adviser drafts all your documents.
- We review and update your Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbook ensuring they follow best practice for the Care sector.
- Access to our online HR system which includes live tracking of holidays and sickness.
- Secure online access to your documentation and correspondence with Ellis Whittam.
- Legal Expenses Insurance protects you in the event of Employment Tribunals. We cover all your defence costs and any settlement costs or compensation awards.
Health & Safety Service Key Features
- Fixed fee support with no hidden charges.
- We have so much knowledge of the Care sector that we can act as your legally required Competent Person.
- We conduct your General Risk Assessment at your premises focusing on everything that’s important for Care providers and based on our detailed understanding of CQC requirements.
- We develop and help implement your Prioritised Safety Action Plan, Health & Safety Policy and Employee Health & Safety Handbook, tailored to your precise needs.
- Online access to all your documents and a library of practical guides.
- Regular return visits to your premises, not merely to inspect but to help you implement change.
- Emergency assistance in the case of Health and Safety Executive visits and serious accidents.
- Legal Expenses Insurance covers your legal costs in case of prosecution.
Download the flyer.
What Our Care Clients Say About Us
“They really understand the care sector and CQC requirements and have really got to know our business. Their proactive support is invaluable.”
Mark Luce, Choice Care Group
“Having the advice of Ellis Whittam at the end of the phone gives us, an employer of 100 plus care workers, peace of mind.”
Olwen Dean, Tender Loving Care
“The Trust feels secure in the knowledge that we can consistently rely on the professional and accurate advice and support from Ellis Whittam.”
Chrissie Barker, Barnwood Trust
“We outsource all our Employment Law work to Ellis Whittam. Their team of Employment Law Advisers is experienced, highly skilled and personable with a good understanding of issues relating to health and social care. The sensitive situations that we face in our working environment have always been managed with tact and underpinned by precise knowledge of our sector.”
Gareth Jones, The Orchard Trust