The hospitality, leisure and tourism sector has particular needs when it comes to Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety.
This is a dynamic, fast-paced sector with an emphasis on customer service. Ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of your employees, agency workers and customers and abiding by legislation is more complex and a considerably higher priority than in most sectors.
In need of expert advice? Speak to a member of our team on 0845 226 8393 today, or get in touch via our website to book a free consultation to discuss all of your Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety needs. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.Get in touch
If you aren’t familiar with issues such as ‘zero hours contracts’, ‘mutuality of obligation’, ‘day one rights’ or how to handle shortfalls in the till then you will no doubt benefit from the support of Ellis Whittam. (All of these topics are touched on in the webcast below.)
We work with many clients in this sector. You can read what they say about us at the bottom of this page.
We have developed significant experience amongst our teams of Employment Law Advisers and Health & Safety Consultants so you can rest assured that the service you receive from Ellis Whittam will be second to none.
Employment Law & HR for Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
Key features of the service include:
- Unlimited 24/7 support for a fixed fee so you can budget years in advance.
- A nominated, legally qualified Employment Law Adviser with extensive experience of supporting hospitality, leisure and tourism clients as your dedicated contact.
- We review and update your Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbook with a specific focus on the special requirements of your sector.
- We handle every Employment Law challenge you face including disciplinaries, grievances, sickness, dismissals, performance, maternity, and agency workers.
- We draft bespoke letters and documents on your behalf. We don’t just advise, we do it for you.
- Secure online access to your documentation and correspondence with Ellis Whittam.
- Legal Expenses Insurance protects you in the event of Employment Tribunals. We cover all your defence costs and any settlement costs or compensation awards.
Health & Safety for Hospitality, Leisure & Tourism
Key features of the service include:
- Ellis Whittam will act as your legally required Competent Person. Very few providers have such confidence in their service to do this.
- We conduct your General Risk Assessment on-site at your premises, taking into account the special needs of the hospitality, leisure and tourism sector.
- We develop and help implement your Prioritised Safety Action Plan, Health & Safety Policy and Employee Health & Safety Handbook, tailored to your precise needs.
- Online access to all of your documents and a library of practical guides.
- Regular return visits to your premises, not merely to inspect but to help you implement change.
- Emergency assistance in the case of Health and Safety Executive visits and serious accidents.
- We defend you against prosecutions.
- Legal Expenses Insurance covers your legal costs in case of prosecution and also pays your Fee For Intervention (FFI) charges from the HSE.
Watch Our Webcast
(Our webcasts are hosted by Vimeo. If you cannot see the video below, please ask your IT support to grant you access.)
What Our Clients Say About EW
“They understand the challenges that hoteliers face and provide a safety net of expertise behind the scenes. It’s a very cost effective way of dealing with our HR and employment challenges.”
Richard Fletcher, the Granary Hotel & Restaurant
“They grasp the issues that we face and provide prompt solutions to keep us compliant with regulations. It represents good value.”
Keverne Watt, Horton Grange Country House Hotel
“We have been so impressed that we had no hesitation in recently renewing our agreement with Ellis Whittam!” Read more.
Steven Van Herwijnen, Danubius Hotel Regent’s Park
“They understand the restaurant business inside out and offer the same level of care we give to our own customers.” Read more.
Annie Coles, Ricker Restaurants
“We value their professional support and quick response to each and every query. Their service provides protection and peace of mind.”
Kitty Tobin, Institute of Hospitality