Ellis Whittam provides Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety support to more manufacturing clients than any other sector.
Our extensive team of highly qualified Employment Law Advisers and Health & Safety Consultants across the UK has therefore accumulated vast experience supporting this diverse sector. We deal with hundreds of challenging issues on behalf of manufacturing clients every day.
In need of expert advice? Speak to a member of our team on 0845 226 8393 today, or get in touch via our website to book a free consultation to discuss all of your Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety needs. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.Get in touch
We deal with
- Lateness and performance management are prevalent in manufacturing – do you deal with these issues efficiently and robustly?
- The manufacturing environment is high risk – do you have a legally compliant Health & Safety Handbook and Policy? Are you comfortable disciplining staff for breaches of rules?
- You may have a very diverse workforce – are you sure your employees understand the Employee Handbook? Do you translate this? Do you have Health & Safety signs in different languages? Do you allow translators to attend disciplinary hearings and training sessions?
- Manufacturing is highly unionised – do you need professional support with collective bargaining, collective grievances, union-backed multiple Employment Tribunal claims and industrial action?
- Do you test for alcohol and drugs? Do you have clear policies that you are capable of enforcing at a moment’s notice?
- Do you have a Competent Person? It’s a legal requirement that you appoint one to manage your approach to health and safety – Ellis Whittam will fulfil that role for you.
- Banter and ‘industrial language’ may be acceptable to some workers but to others it can be considered discrimination and harassment and land you in an Employment Tribunal. Where do you draw the line?
What Our Manufacturing Clients Say About EW
“Ellis Whittam makes a significant contribution to ensuring that we achieve our corporate responsibilities.” Read more.
Miranda Walker, Cranswick plc
“Ellis Whittam are very professional, easy to deal with and extremely efficient in handling any issues.” Read more.
Gary Shaw, Esschem Europe Ltd
“We hold Ellis Whittam in very high regard and have no hesitation in recommending them.” Read more.
Amanda Preedy, Preedy Glass
“The main advantage, apart from the amount of money and time we are now saving, is the peace of mind we feel we have thanks to the excellent support and guidance they offer.” Read more.
Hugh McLay, RMIG
“Not only do we get things right legally, we can also be sure we are doing things in a way that has a positive impact on the bottom line.” Read more.
Gavin Tennent, Braehead Foods