Ellis Whittam supports more than 400 schools and education providers with their Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety challenges.
We have vast experience of taking even the best run schools and colleges to the next level and putting those who are facing challenges on the right track. We have particular expertise in supporting academies and independent schools.
There are many special aspects of the way we work which are outlined below. You can also read more about our unique approach in our brochure for education providers here.
In need of expert advice? Speak to a member of our team on 0845 226 8393 today, or get in touch via our website to book a free consultation to discuss all of your Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety needs. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.Get in touch
Employment Law & HR for Education Providers
- Unlimited 24/7 support for a fixed fee so you can budget years in advance.
- A legally qualified Employment Law Adviser from our Education Team nominated as your dedicated contact.
- We review and update your Contracts of Employment and Employee Handbook.
- We handle every possible Employment Law challenge including disciplinaries, grievances, sickness, dismissals, performance, maternity, TUPE and agency workers.
- We draft your letters and documents on your behalf. We don’t just advise, we do it for you.
- Secure online access to your documentation and correspondence with Ellis Whittam.
- Legal Expenses Insurance protects you in the event of Employment Tribunals. We cover all your defence costs and any settlement costs or compensation awards.
Health & Safety Key for Education Providers
- We have so much confidence in our service that we will act as your legally required Competent Person. Very few providers have such confidence in their service.
- We conduct a General Risk Assessment on-site based on our unique ‘Four Pillars’ approach for education providers.
- We develop and help implement your Prioritised Safety Action Plan, Health & Safety Policy and Employee Health & Safety Handbook.
- Regular visits to your premises to help you implement positive change.
- Emergency assistance in the case of serious accidents and visits by the authorities.
- We liaise with the authorities and defend you against any prosecutions.
- We provide Legal Expenses Insurance that covers your legal costs in case of prosecution and pays your Fee For Intervention (FFI) charges from the HSE.
Watch Our Webcast
What Our Education Clients Say About Us
“I have recommended Ellis Whittam to a number of schools. I don’t do this lightly.” Read more.
Mark D’Arcy, St Margaret’s Church of England Academy
“The service provided by Ellis Whittam is invaluable to us and is a great weight off our shoulders.” Read more.
Carole Ellis, Fulham Prep School
“Previously, we used the services of other law firms for advice on various HR matters but we found working in this way to be inefficient as each time we had to start from scratch explaining who were are and how we work.” Read more.
Brian Cheney, The Kingsley School
“This has enabled us to ensure our policies are up to date and our procedures are suited to our needs and following best practice, rather than imposed by the LA.” Read more.
Jane Elkins, Amersham School