IOSH approved Health & Safety Training for the Education Sector is unique.
The education environment presents a variety of special hazards and risks. With the duty to protect children and young adults from harm, it is considered to be one of the most difficult environments in which to manage Health & Safety.
In need of expert advice? Speak to a member of our team on 0845 226 8393 today, or get in touch via our website to book a free consultation to discuss all of your Employment Law, HR and Health & Safety needs. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.Get in touch
This two day course has been designed by Ellis Whittam, based on our extensive knowledge and experience of working with schools, colleges and other education and training providers. It has been accredited by IOSH (the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) and Ellis Whittam is the only provider of this course.
It is largely equivalent to the IOSH Managing Safely course, but focuses solely on the education sector and is compressed into two days in recognition of the limited time you have available.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for all teaching and support staff with supervisory duties and who are in direct contact with students. It is particularly relevant to people employed in primary, secondary and special schools as well as FE colleges and universities.
The course comprises six modules:
- Health & Safety legislation including individual and organisation duties and different regulatory body requirements (HSE, Ofsted).
- Common hazards and risks in the education environment and the hierarchy of risk control measures.
- Sensible risk management including work experience placements and educational trips.
- Incident management and reporting including RIDDOR requirements.
- Formulating a robust Health & Safety policy and promoting a positive culture.
- Planning for success through proactive monitoring procedures.
The main benefits for head teachers, principals, directors and managers who wish to attend this course or send staff on it are that you will be able to:
- Develop a Health & Safety culture which you can lead from the top.
- Demonstrate your commitment and proactive attitude to the health, safety and wellbeing of your students, staff and visitors.
- Give staff the knowledge and confidence to manage risks in their areas of responsibility.
Assessment & Certification
On successful completion of an end of course test, delegates will be awarded an IOSH certificate in Managing Health and Safety Risks in the Education Sector.
Price & Registration
£275 for Ellis Whittam Clients
£295 for Non-clients
All prices include course materials, assessments, lunch and refreshments. VAT is not included.
If you have any questions about the details of the course content and the qualifications, or if you’d like to learn about how we can organise in-house courses for you, please contact us.
Please select your preferred course from the table below to reserve a place. You can choose to pay online or receive an invoice.